Are you passionate about improving people’s lives and transforming the way they work through teaching and mentoring? Do you enjoy the design, development and delivery of creative solutions?
Join the team as a DevOps and Agile consultant to help the enterprise and teams solve their most complex and interesting business and technical challenges. We love people who are invigorated by new challenges, seek out new learning opportunities, challenge the status quo and develop the skills of team members through technical and professional mentoring.
As a DevOps and Agile consultant, you will coach and mentor teams and be the go-to experts on DevOps and Lean Agile/Product Management methods and best practices for the enterprise.
• Be a hands-on Lean Agile/Product and DevOps coach, accelerating the learning of a Product Mindset, Agile, and DevOps practices across American Airlines
• Deliver a training program that aligns with the DevOps Transformation strategic direction
• Educate assigned teams on the best use of DevOps/Agile/Product Management tools, advise on design, development and deployment processes to ensure best practices, and help drive toward platform automation
• Lead the Dojo/Hangar agile and DevOps practice, which is a highly accelerated rapid 2.5 day sprint cycle focused on driving accelerated learning of Agile and DevOps practices
• Encourage and promote good engineering practices like Unit testing, code reviews, pair programming and quality engineering practices as well requirements capturing techniques to the teams to improve end to end delivery practices
• Recognize organizational and team-level challenges and address those with ALL levels of management in a timely fashion
• Change mindsets to adopt a forward thinking learning culture, including collaboration practices, through training and coaching
• Train and enable POs/Product managers through product discovery, strategy, and execution to identify the problems to solve for clients, and inform how to organize and plan to solve them as quickly as possible
• Experience teaching and helping product teams in Lean Product Discovery, Continuous Grooming, Creation of Product Strategy & Roadmap, Customer Empathy, Prioritization, Product experimentation, Definition of Done and Ready, etc.
• Help teams and product management understand what opportunities they have to sharpen product development skillsets to ensure the delivery of valuable products and incorporate product feedback back into the delivery process
• Proven knowledge of the application of Agile at scale and demonstrated ability to coach and lead the cultural and organizational change to make it work
• Ability to evaluate a Product Teams operational health (e.g. team dynamics, agile delivery, product awareness) in order to identify opportunity for improvements, and help these teams mature their practices and more effectively embrace an agile and product mindset
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Business, Management, Information Systems or Engineering
• Four or more years of relevant work experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• 3+ years of experience using Agile, Lean, and DevOps practices
• 3+ years of experience with agile engineering practices like Test Automation, Test-Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), DevOps, etc.
• 3+ years of experience implementing and operating DevOps and Agile tools/platforms across some part of the development lifecycle
o These could include but may not be limited to Pivotal Cloud Foundry, GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Hygieia, SonarQube, New Relic, JIRA, Confluence, Rally, etc.
• Familiarity with more than one Agile framework such as Scrum, XP, Kanban, Lean, Nexus, DevOps, SAFe, etc.
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to work across the organization, excellent synthesizing and organization skills, a professional demeanor and the ability to participate in a team environment are key to this position
• This role requires a mastery of understanding of Lean - Agile values, principles and practices and candidates must be continuous learning, open to pivoting and learning new things. The candidate must be will willing to obtain an in-depth understanding of the organization's business and technology portfolios. The successful candidate we seek must have a demonstrable track record of achieving success in previous work situations
• You excel at leading without authority, effectively aligning team members as well as client stakeholders and executives around a shared set of objectives to progress the goal of shipping the right product to the client's customers
• Deep user empathy and strong user experience sensibilities Action oriented individual who has strong decision making skills, self-motivated owner of multiple tasks and accountable to deliverables