•SRE professionals are engineers who specialize in reliability with the right mix of knowledge and skills in software and systems, responsible to analyze business needs, problem determination, advise & design, build, test, deploy, changes and maintenance of a well engineered information system.
•System Thinking end-to-end -Broad understanding of enterprise architectures and complex (backend) systems (understand more than the component itself)
•Understanding of systems from a reliability perspective. Ability to root cause sources of instability in a high-traffic, distributed system.
•Passion for resolving reliability issues and identify strategies to mitigate going forward.
•Understanding and practical working experience of operating system / hypervisor internals, are familiar with the TCP/IP stack, network routing and load balancing. Experience with configuration and troubleshooting
•Approach troubleshooting systematically and have a deep sense of ownership for whatever you work on.
•Maintains personal responsibility and commitment to respond to and address incidents quickly
•Good Software engineering skills (with experience in Python, Go and/or Java(script), Node.js, Angular, NoSQL)
•Solve difficult engineering problems (and don’t mind getting your hands dirty)
•Passionate about automation and innovations that improve productivity by reducing toil
•Data-driven / scientific approach to fact-finding and prioritization.
•Fair understanding of mathematical and statistical models to assess trends.
•Organizational knowledge / Strong communication (verbally and written) / collaboration / negotiation skill, working in a diverse team cross business unit
•Monitoring & Event Mgmt of complex systems, Instrumenting
About The Job
This job is a member of the Information Technology Team within the Information Technology Division. This position will be responsible for leveraging cutting edge technology to solve business problems at American Airlines by participating in all phases of the development process from inception through transition, advocating the agile process and test-driven development, using object-oriented development tools to analyze, model, design, construct and test reusable objects, and making the codebase a better place to live and work.
Specifically, you’ll do the following:
• Collaborates with leaders, business analysts, project managers, IT architects, technical leads and other developers, along with internal customers, to understand requirements and develop needs according to business requirements
• Maintains and enhances existing enterprise services, applications, and platforms using domain driven design and test-driven development
• Troubleshoots and debugs complex issues; identifies and implements solutions
• Creates detailed project specifications, requirements, and estimates
• Researches and implements new technologies to enhance current processes, security, and performance
• Supports the development of coding standards and adheres to best practices and security guidelines
• Works closely with software architects and technical leads to ensure decisions meet long-term enterprise growth needs
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
• 3 years of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience designing, developing, and implementing large-scale applications in hosted production environments
• 3 years of professional, design, and open-source experience
• Proficiency in Full Stack Development
• Proficiency and demonstrated experience in the following technologies:
o J2EE technologies: Java, JSP, JMS, JAXB, JDBC, EJB
o Database and persistence frameworks: Hibernate, Oracle, Object/Relational Mapping, Query performance tuning
o Cloud-based development: Cloud Foundry
o Web Servers: Tomcat, tcServer, Websphere
o Web Services: REST/SOAP (JSON/WSDL/XML)
o Frameworks: Spring Framework, Spring Boot
o Front-end: Angular JS, D3 Charts, Ext JS, CSS, jQuery, AJAX
o Build/deployment tools: Maven, Gradel, Git, Junit, Mockito
o Other Dev Ops Toolchain: Selenium, Nexus Repository, Hygieia, SonarQube, Fortify on Demand, Slack, GitHub, Jenkins, ElasticSearch, Logstaash, Kibana, New Relic
• Proficiency in object-oriented design techniques and principles
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools (Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Experience in Agile methodologies, such as SCRUM
• Experience in DevOps Toolchain methodologies, including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
• 5 years of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience
• Airline Industry experience
• Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups
• Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration, and negotiation skills
• Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently