RF Engineer will be responsible for conducting Cellular Site Survey at airport and other locations of operations. Candidate will analyze the collected data and prepare presentations to share with customers and management team. Candidate will also interface with wireless carrier vendors to review coverage site survey analysis results and coverage enhancement solutions and participate and contribute to weekly project meetings and monthly service reviews.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or computer science plus 5 years of experience OR Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science plus 2 years of experience
• Project Management certification and/or advanced degree preferred.
• Exercises independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor
• RF Engineering Background required
• Good understanding of cellular radio technology & Wireless Carrier’s Radio Access Network(RAN) & Core Networks (Required)
• Good understanding of 3G/4G CDMA/GSM/LTE cellular protocols (Required)
• Good knowledge of Mobile devices (Required)
• Ability analyze, large volume of data collected and present it to customers and management using MS Office tools suites such as EXCEL, & PPT (Required)
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills (Required)
• Project management skills and experience (Preferred)
• Ability to work independently and manage one’s time (Required)
• Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time (Required)
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct cellular site surveys at airports and other locations of American Airline operations
• Analyzed cellular site survey results, prepare presentations and present to customers and Management team
• Participate in and contribute to weekly project reviews and monthly service reviews with cellular carriers.
• Provide weekly status update to management
• Review cellular coverage enhancements designs and help manage coverage enhancement projects.